Here’s what makes me tick: the opportunity to make life more interesting, adventurous and rewarding.
I do this by providing research, strategy and design leadership for the creation of digital products, services and places.
For 20+ years I’ve helped global brands frame their innovation opportunities; led cross-disciplinary teams to hatch impactful ideas; and designed digital experiences across multiple touchpoints.
Most client engagements are confidential. A few shareable highlights:
• Today I’m Executive Creative Director with R/GA, a global design and innovation firm. I lead the creative team for the agency’s San Francisco 100-person studio, and partner with clients to launch new businesses, products, services and campaigns.
• Previously…Interim Chief Creative Officer with Comrade/CI&T, a global consultancy based in the Bay Area and Brasil. Strengthened the agency’s strategic design practice (product design, service design, and digital transformation). Boosted the agency’s pitches; solidified the creative team’s briefing + execution chops; and led large-scale digital initiatives for Coca-Cola, Schwab, BlackRock and iHeartMedia.
• I designed a digital wayfinding platform for a massive, mixed-use development in downtown Miami. [Check it out]
• Led the discovery phase for a block-wide urban innovation initiative in Center City Philadelphia. [Check it out]
• Led the research, strategy and experience design for a new type of music discovery product for Spotify.
• Joined a global digital-commerce agency to lead strategy+design for a successful end-to-end, connected-car vision pitch.
• Created the digital growth strategy for a global athletic shoe retailer.
• Collaborated with the executive team on org-structure and digital transformation
initiatives for Integrity Health and Hospice, the largest healthcare organization in Missouri. [Check it out]
• As VP/Director of Experience Design with Crispin Porter + Bogusky (2009-2015), I led digital strategy and experience design for Domino’s [check it out] and the explosive growth of its digital footprint—our talented teams built groundbreaking ordering platforms for web, mobile, wearables, places and voice interfaces.
• We also built multiple digital platforms for American Express, American Express Travel [check it out], Aspen Dental [check it out], Hotels.com, Turkish Airlines, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, and Best Buy.
• Finally, we had the chance to solve meaningful problems from scratch—and build a global movement along the way. Check out our P.ink social innovation platform, which is now its own 501c3 charity.
Related: I also do workshops. I enjoy helping design thinkers and doers become leaders. And helping leaders become effective change-makers.
Let’s talk. I’m based in San Francisco, and collaborate with clients around the globe.
- Cannes. Amex Small Business Saturday: gold lion, integrated + creative effectiveness. Domino’s Show Us Your Pizza: bronze, cyber.
- One Show. Domino’s Pizza Hero: merit, brand transformation. Times Square Tracker: merit, experiential.
- Clios. Best Buy Movie Mode: bronze, innovative media. P.ink: shortlist, media.
- NY Festivals. P.ink: bronze world medal; finalist, integrated.
- Jay Chiat. AmEx Nextpedition: silver, brand experience.
- New York Times
- USA TODAY
- ABC Nightline
- BBC News
- FOX News
- the Associated Press
- the Washington Post
- Fast Company
- I.D. Magazine
- O the Oprah Magazine
- Sports Illustrated.
- Outlier: This American Life.